The Samsung SGH-T139 features a clamshell design. Some of the main features are polyphonic ringtones, Bluetooth, MMS, text messaging, VGA camera, games, java, speakerphone and much more
**This phone does not require a data plan for use**
Easily stay in contact with your family and friends while on the go with the affordable Samsung t139 flip phone for T-Mobile, and pay the way you want with prepaid and postpaid calling plans from T-Mobile Pay As You Go (learn more about prepaid services below). A great choice for basic voice and messaging needs, it offers multiple messaging options, including SMS text and MMS picture as well as an audio postcard, which allows you to personalize MMS messages with a voice greeting.
The Samsung t139 (see a larger schematic image of all controls).
Other features include a VGA camera for snapping still photos while out on the town, Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free devices, personal organizer tools, and up to 4 hours of talk time.
- Dual-band GSM with EDGE data connectivity
- 1.38-inch wide internal screen with 128 x 160-pixel resolution and 65K color depth.
- 1-inch monochrome external screen (96 x 96 pixels) displays current time, signal strength, battery life, and incoming calls.
- Standard alpha-numeric keypad
- VGA camera for still photos captures images in 640 x 480-pixel resolution and offers 4x digital zoom.
- Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free devices such as headsets and car kits
- 10 MB internal memory (non-expandable)
- SMS text and MMS picture messaging
- Audio Postcard feature allows you to add a personalized message to a photo before sending it to friends and family using multimedia messaging (MMS)
- Instant messaging via AIM, Windows Live, and Yahoo!
- Web browser (WAP 2.0)
- Voice recorder
- 40-note polyphonic ringtones and vibrating alert
- Phonebook stores up to 300 entries and offers support for ringer/picture ID and caller groups.
- Organizer tools including calendar, alarm, tasks, calculator, world time, converter, timer, and stopwatch.
The Samsung t139 weighs 2.98 ounces and measures 3.74 x 1.89 x 0.72 inches. Its 800 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 4 hours of talk time, and up to 144 hours (6 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies.
What's in the Box
Samsung t139 handset, rechargeable battery, charger, wired hands-free headset, quick start guide, user manual
T-Mobile prepaid plans give you wireless access with less commitment, so you can pay--and talk--as you go. With no annual contract, no credit check, and no monthly bill, prepaid plans are a simple, direct way to go mobile. There are many ways to conveniently refill your T-Mobile Prepaid Plan so that you can stay continually connected with the people who matter most, including using web2go directly from your phone, via the T-Mobile Web site, or using refill cards available at over 90,000 locations nationwide.
With Pay As You Go, you get wireless service exactly how you like it--there's no long-term contract, no credit checks, and no surprises. Add $100 in refills with Pay As You Go and you'll become a Gold Rewards customer, which gets you 15 percent more minutes on all refills and your minutes won't expire for a year after the time you refill.
See T-Mobile's coverage map.
You can also pay only $1.00 per day for unlimited nights and unlimited nationwide calling to any T-Mobile number. All other domestic calls you make are just 10¢ per minute.
T-Mobile includes the following services with this T-Mobile Pay As You Go phone:
- Nationwide long distance (including calls to Alaska and Hawaii)
- National roaming on the T-Mobile USA network
- t-zones (browsing for HiFi Ringers, MegaTones, wallpapers, and more; not available on all devices)
- VoiceMail, caller ID, call waiting, three-way calling
- Free e-mail address ([email protected])
Additional services available for additional fees:
- Text messaging ($0.10 to send, $0.5 to receive)
- Picture messaging ($0.25 to send or receive)
- Download ringtones and wallpaper (prices vary)
- Download games and applications (prices vary)
- 411 & More directory assistance ($1.79 per call plus airtime)
- International dialing to over 150 countries (international rates apply)
- Prepaid international roaming rates
To keep your mobile number active, refill within 90 days after your minutes expire. After 90 days, your account will be canceled and you will lose your phone number. If you want to restart service after that time, you will need to activate new service.