The HTC HD2 is the first Windows Mobile 6.5 device with HTC Sense. The handset has a large 4.3-inch capacitive touch display to make viewing, zooming and resizing Web sites, Microsoft Office files, PDF documents and photos easier with a pinch of the fingers. Running on Qualcomm's new 1Ghz Snapdragon processor, the HD2 offers enhanced performance that improves the speed of applications, videos and games. Photos taken with the 5.0-megapixel camera can also be shared via Facebook or Twitter.
Offering the largest touchscreen on a smartphone in the U.S., the Windows Mobile-powered HTC HD2 for T-Mobile is also built for speed. It features a blazing-fast 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and runs on T-Mobile's high-speed 3G network--delivering an enhanced Web-browsing experience that you'll appreciate on the high-resolution 4.3-inch capacitive touch display. In addition to the HD2's array of multimedia applications, you'll also have access to a complete entertainment package with special pre-installed apps and two full movies--Transformers
and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Enjoy the full Web and brilliant multimedia on the extra-large, high-resolution 4.3-inch multitouch display.
With pre-loaded apps from BLOCKBUSTER, Barnes & Noble, and MobiTV, you'll have access to millions of eBooks, movies, television programs on the HTC HD2.
The Windows Mobile 6.5 operating system includes Internet Explorer Mobile Web browser for full HTML viewing of the Internet and a customizable Today screen that enables you to access the features and apps you use the most. You'll stay easily connected to your business and personal data on the go with support for a wide variety of e-mail accounts as well as the ability to edit Microsoft Office documents. And with the new Microsoft My Phone and Windows Marketplace for Mobile services, you can easily back up your data to the web and download great apps respectively.
It also includes HTC Sense, a user interface overlay from HTC that makes it easy for you to create an individualized mobile experience tailored specifically to your needs.
In addition to 3G connectivity, the HTC HD2 offers Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and business networks as well as hotspots while on the go and Bluetooth connectivity for both hands-free devices and stereo music streaming. It also offers integrated GPS with access to turn-by-turn navigation from TeleNav GPS Navigator (trial version included). Other features include a pre-installed 16 GB microSD card, 5-megapixel autofocus camera with dual LED flash and video capture capabilities, and up to 6 hours of talk time.
Entertainment On The Go
The HTC HD2 includes the following pre-installed applications and content:
- Paramount Pictures' films Transformers and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen come pre-loaded on the included 16 GB memory card, and they're optimized for viewing on the HD2's high-resolution screen.
- Barnes & Noble eReader puts the world's largest eBookstore in your hand with access to more than a million eBooks, newspapers, magazines and your Barnes & Noble digital library everywhere you go. Enjoy reading on the largest screen available for eReader smartphone software.
- BLOCKBUSTER On Demand enables you to discover and download the latest movie rentals on the go. Blockbuster's first-ever video download application on a smartphone allows you to buy a movie on one device and watch on another connected device through Blockbuster's library.
- MobiTV mobile offers access to live and on-demand TV on your phone, including favorite channels such as MTV, NBC, COMEDY CENTRAL, ESPN and more are available. Plus, when you subscribe to MobiTV, your first 30 days of service are free.
- Gogo Inflight Internet service offers an added bonus: up to six months of free in-flight Wi-Fi access on their device, with Internet access on 2,500 daily flights in the continental U.S. and growing.
- 4.3-inch multitouch screen with bright, lifelike 480 x 800 resolution. Zoom in and out of documents, web pages, pictures or emails with just a simple pinch. Type up responses faster and more accurately on the large onscreen keyboard. The display also automatically adjusts to the light level in your surroundings and turns off to prevent false screen touches during a call.
- 1 GHz Snapdragon processor speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- Windows Mobile 6.5 operating system provides enhancements such as a touch-friendly user interface and improved browser with Flash support. Content and applications are just a fingertip away on the redesigned Start Menu and Internet Explorer Mobile supports the rich experiences you find on Web pages viewed on your PC. (Learn more)
- Customizable home screen with your apps and interests right on top.
- Fast 3G connectivity via T-Mobile's HSDPA/UMTS network. (1700/2100 MHz bands, UMTS/HSDPA; see more about T-Mobile's 3G service below)
- Quad-band GSM phone for good global voice connectivity. (850/900/1800/1900 MHz bands)
- Built-in GPS for location-based services and navigation with a trial version of TeleNav GPS Navigator, which provides real-time location on maps, turn-by-turn driving directions, and more (monthly subscription required after trial expires).
- 5-megapixel autofocus camera/camcorder with dual LED flash and digital zoom
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB (16 GB card included).
- Windows Media Player for multi-format audio and video playback
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture and IM instant messaging (via popular services including AOL, Yahoo!, and MSN).
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- 3.5mm headset jack
The HTC HD2 weighs 5.54 ounces and measures 4.74 x 2.64 x 0.43 inches. Its 1230 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6 hours of talk time, and up to 480 hours (20 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as well as T-Mobile's 3G network (1700/2100 MHz).
What's in the Box
HTC HD2 handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 16 GB microSD card, wired stereo hands-free headset, USB cable, quick start guide, user manual
- High-speed data connectivity via T-Mobile's 3G network: In addition to its quad-band GSM connectivity, this phone is also compatible with T-Mobile's UMTS/HSDPA 3G network, which operates on the 1700/2100 MHz AWS spectrum. This phone is designed to automatically connect to the best available network (3G or GSM/GPRS/EDGE) to provide faster data speeds when accessing the Web.
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the via T-Mobile's EDGE network (which stands for "Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution"). This high-speed, mobile data and Internet access technology is fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services (with average data speeds between 75-135Kbps), including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and e-mail on the go.
While this phone is optimized for use with T-Mobile's high-speed 3G network, many of its functions will also work well on the moderate-speed EDGE network. If you plan to access the Internet extensively on your phone, 3G network coverage may serve you best.
Activities that work well on EDGE or 3G networks:
- E-mail, instant messaging, and texting
- Downloading ringtones, CallerTunes, wallpaper, light data files
- Sending photographs via e-mail or picture messaging
Activities that work best on a 3G network:
- Viewing content-heavy websites (lots of images or videos playing)
- Viewing YouTube and other video files (they will play on EDGE, but require loading time)
- Uploading large files (photos, videos, presentations) to sharing websites
- Downloading large files from an e-mail or a website
T-Mobile's 3G network is currently available in more than 220 cities nationwide and covers more than 160 million people.
| Windows Mobile 6.5 combines a variety of enhancements to help you stay connected and manage your busy life. From a more intuitive gesture-driven interface (you can tap, drag, click, and pan) to a revamped Start screen, access and navigation are fast and easy. And with the new Microsoft My Phone and Windows Marketplace for Mobile services you can easily back up your data to the web and download great apps. With Windows Mobile 6.5, you can see alerts even if you're on a call or have password-protected your phone. You'll see new e-mail and text messages, missed calls and voice-mail notifications, and the date, time, and next calendar appointment. Other enhancements include: |
- The lock screen displays new messages and appointments without requiring that you enter a PIN when the phone is locked.
- You can easily customize your Today screen to display and access new e-mails, text messages, and other high-level information with a simple tap.
- The Start screen provides ultimate access and control: quickly browse and open programs; easily customize program order (move the most used apps to the top) and add your favorite web sites.
- Internet Explorer Mobile provides a full, rich web viewing experience similar to the experience on your PC.
- The improved Windows Media Player Mobile lets you view full-screen video and provides audio and video playback enhancements, like pausing a song or video when you receive a call.
- Use the My Phone Service to sync your phone and data to the web so it's backed up and accessible.
- Express your sense of style with designer-theme-based phones (like the new Halo design) or create your own custom themes.
- MSN Widgets provide real-time information on weather and stocks.